Thursday...i stinking love you. so here is your ode.
So like the morning before, Thursday i wake up as early as i can manage, so about five in the morning, and get some Jesus time...gotta love Jesus time. DELICIOUS.
Then I head back to the apartments to work out with Krissy dear...
This is an inside weight, crunching type day, we like to call these days "tiger lillie" Kristen arranges and figures out what we do and how long on these days, shes so hard core...avacados basically have a marshmellow for a pit in her presense..hehe
Thursdays I have laundry at 8 am, so Its a quick scurry to get all ready for the day and out the door half an hour earlier than normal. So I run...and then stop and smell the fresh sidewalk hugged puddles of rain. And take pictures...
And then i get caught in the beauty of the rain pipe thing...well, ok, so I like the rain! A really rediculous amount! hehe. Something so transporting and thought provoking about it...
And in bliss due to my little rain walk, I dump my laundry into the washing machine gently so that they may be beating like raw meat until they are pulverized to perfection and are ready to be dizzied into dryness.
Then we meet from 8:30 till 9:00am for devotionals, i forgot to get a picture with people still in the room...oops...
Then i start over to work, but i am caught by some follage. Stinking scenery distracting me from stuff! hehe well actually i dont mind at all...
Then I work on the Myspace for thunder School..if you know people interested in my school, gee you should hook me up and tell me names or better yet, have them add thunderschool as a friend on myspace! Gee that would be great. I am revamping it right now, so let me know if you think it looks professional enough or not. I seriously want this to be awesome looking.
Now its time for Kristen and I to eat SUPER fast, before we begin cleaning for meal of hope! So that is done in record time and we are off to set up for meal of hope, hoora!
Here we are wrapping plastic wear, Dia from Maryland to the left and Phil behind me from Ohio!
What can I say? hehe....it caught my eye...you know we catch Gods eye? thats exciting...
Kassy heading to meal of hope, we are getting ready to start, a few have already showed up to the left...
we are eating a real quick meal before we open the doors and feed the homeless...
this is the line for food...
It was going to storm pretty bad that night so we expected a possibly small group of people to show
But as you see, it was an alright size, though a bit smaller than normal!
And at the end of meal of hope we all pack up togo boxes and hand them out, then everyone on board for sweeping, putting tables, chairs and the like away, as well as mopping and dishes. Its pretty intense, but we work as a team and it gets done super fast!
At the end we get in a circle and we tell any testimonies of the night, ppl that got healed, prayed for, had praise reports or concerns. And then we pray and close out with shouting hallaluia! Its a beautiful day Thursday. Lots of work, but its amazing. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment